A pioneer in beverage industry, Parle Agro has been creating innovative products and iconic brands since 1985. Headquartered in Mumbai, Parle Agro is India’s largest beverage company; harnessing the abilities of more than 5000 employees, 76 state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, and more than 5000 channel partners to quenching the thirst of every Indian through a network of 1.5 million+ outlets. The company has developed some of India’s most memorable brands and widely consumed products, such as Frooti, Appy, Appy Fizz and Bailley, which have made it a Rs. 5,000 Cr. behemoth reigning over India’s Beverages and Foods sector.
Parle Agro has given many firsts to India and these beverages have, over the decades, acquired household names. We're the ones who developed Frooti, India's first Mango drink; Appy, India's first ever apple drink; Appy Fizz, India's first sparkling apple drink; Cafe Cuba, India's first carbonated coffee soft drink, and Frio, a range of deliciously flavoured aerated drinks. Bailley, our packaged drinking water brand is renowned for its purity and is one of the largest and most widely available water brands in the country.
With a strong presence in over 50 countries and multiple business verticals - namely, Beverages, Packaged Drinking Water and PET Preforms – Parle Agro is all on a path to become the first Indian Global Food and Beverage Company.
BW Most Influential Woman Of India: Nadia Chauhan, CEO, Parle Agro
Schauna Chauhan: Adding fizz and froth
Nadia Chauhan: A fruity punch
Frooti Fizz Comercial on ETBrandEquity
Appy's new branding on Best Media Info
Inverview Nadia Chauhan on Businessworld
Discover how the new Frooti Fizz Ad was made in our exclusive Behind the Scenes
It is the people who
make a place.
But a good place can
make its people.
Parle Agro is always eager to review resumes from smart, talented applicants who want to join our team. Please submit your resume at the below link and tell us a bit more about yourself.
Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
It is the Company's intent to make a positive difference to society. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the responsibility of the corporate entity towards the society in consideration of the support given and sacrifices made by the society by sharing part of its profit for the betterment of society.
Corporate Social Responsibility is strongly connected with the principles of Sustainability; an organization should make decisions based not only on financial factors, but also on the social and environmental co[sequences. Therefore. it is the core corporate responsibility of our Company to practice its corporate values through commitment to grow in a socially and environmentally responsible way, while meeting the interests of its stakeholders.
We, Parle Agro Private Limited (PAPL) believe in transcending business interests and grappling with the "quality of life" challenges that underserved communities face and working towards making a meaningful difference to them.
Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We intend to provide resources in terms of money, medicines, time and equipment to non-profit organizations to focus on programs that are innovative, sustainable and bring real benefits to those most in need'. Our philosophy is to target support to selected programs that are innovative, sustainable and which produce tangible results.
We intend to lend a helping hand to the underprivileged in our society through the support of women, children and the aged in the areas of health, education, Public Sanitation etc. Implementing this philosophy in spirit, we shall make a positive contribution to the communities in which we operate, and invest in health and education programs and partnerships that aim to bring sustainable improvements to these people.
Policy on CSR
PAPL will be vigilant in its enforcement towards corporate principles and is committed towards sustainable development and inclusive growth. The company shall constantly strive to ensure strong corporate culture which emphasizes on integrating CSR values with business objective and also pursue initiatives related to quality management, environment preservation and social awareness.
To attain its CSR objectives in a professional and integrated manner, it shall:
- Pursue a corporate strategy that enables realisation of the twin goals of shareholder value enhancement and societal value creation in a mutually reinforcing and synergistic manner.
- Undertake proactive engagement with stakeholders to actively contribute to the socio-economic development of the periphery/community in which it operates.
- lmplement CSR programmes primarily in the economic vicinity of it's operations with a view to ensuring the long term sustainability of such interventions.
- Use environment friendly and safe processes in production. Ensure environmental sustainability by adopting best ecological practices and encouraging conservation/judicious use of natural resources. Facilitate water conservation by reducing water consumption at the plants and taking up rain water harvesting projects.
- Focus on educating the needy children by providing appropriate infrastructure, and grcom them as future value creators.
- Assist in skill development by providing direction and technical expertise to the vulnerable thereby empowering them towards a dignified life.
- Emphasize on providing basic nutrition / health care and sanitation facilities with special focus on establishing health centers for the mother and child as well as the elderly.
- Create a business value chain which is sustainable - environmentally + socially + economically.
- Work towards generating awareness for creating public infrastructure that is barrier free, inclusive and enabling for all including the elderly and the disabled.
- Create positive awareness towards the need to adopt measures that lead towards reducing carbon footprints, dependence on fossil fuels and promote alternate energy approaches.
- At the time of national crisis, respond to emergency situations & disasters by providing timely help to affected victims and their families and also contribute to the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund.
- Contribute to any fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes. minorities and women.
- Contribute to sustainable development in areas of strategic interest through initiatives designed in a manner that addresses the challenges faced by the Indian society especially in rural India.
- Collaborate with communities and institutions to contribute to the national mission of eradicating poverty and hunger, especially in rural areas, empowering women economically, supplementing primary education and participating in rural capacity building programmes and such other initiatives.
- Assist in protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art; setting up public libraries; promotion and development of traditional arts and handicrafts.
- Take measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans. war widows and their dependents; - Assist in training and promote rural sports, nationally recognised sports, Paralympics sports and Olympic sports.
- Any other CSR activity as decided by the management from time to time.
The CSR process shall comprise of four stages i.e.
- Monitoring & Evaluation and
- Documentation & Communication.
PAPL shall adopt a Bottom up Approach for planning. Activities will be planned based on Need Assessment Survey and Stakeholder consultation.
The projects to be undertaken will be recommended by the CSR Committee and submit to the Board of Directors for their final decision. The projects shall preferably be selected in proximity of our manufacturing locations so as to have a personal connect with the beneficiaries.
Joint initiatives with NGOs or other organizations carrying on the activities in-line with PAPL’s CSR objectives will also be explored.
All CSR activities will be carried out in project mode with defined deliverables & timelines and through specialized agencies.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
Effectiveness of programme will be assessed through a monitoring mechanism.
There shall be regular monitoring at Units, Regions & Corporate Center with monthly & quarterly reporting. Full-fledged internal audit will be carried out to ensure effective implementation.
Documentation & Communication:
Communication and feedback is a good basis for measuring effectiveness, paves way for new idea generation as well as planning on what next to be done. Communication and feedback shall be done by means of annual report, internet, brochures and reports put up to the Committee of Board for CSR.
The Board of Directors of the Company has approved the CSR Policy on May 12.2014.